Sunday, May 01, 2011

Friends

As life is running away, I watch good moments pass and become memories, and the bad moments pass to become hunting nightmares.
Time comes and goes, and compared to eternity, we are nothing. But compared to ourselves, we are everything. We can remember yesterday like it happened years ago, or what happened years ago like it was yesterday.

We can make new friends and feel like we've known them forever, and wonder who the people we've known since first grade really are. We lose some and gain some.

And as my life is passing me by moment by moment, I love knowing this life is only mine to do with as I want. No one will ever have a life just like mine. It's special, different. 


And so am I. As I watch my friends grow up to love me or hate me. Some to be popular, some to be fun, some to be crazy. 

As I grow up, I don't know who is real and who's fake. My heart is a cold stone, and I really couldn't care less. As I hate the one who hurts my best friends, I know, if they dropped me, I wouldn't be hurt. 

I would be dissappointed. Yet, I think, not so suprised by all. And I know they'd be back. Not because I'm awesome or because they need me or anything like that. But because of those memories and nightmares.

Friendship is forever. I could never cut any of my friends out. Even if they cut me out first.


  "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment