Monday, May 02, 2011

The summer of my life

Light is shining on me, sitting in my darkness, music in my ears. This is the life.

I watch my friends smile, there's no drama, nothing to worry about, nothing I have to do. My room is a mess, and I'm relaxing in bed.

Pictures remind me of fun times. Music put weird situations in my head. Texts, thing I wrote years ago. I'm starting to think, my life is getting better and better. It's a long way down, but I'm only going up.

I do nothing more than I absolutely have to, and I get by just fine like this. I take my time for me, to relax, watch stupid TV and shop crap for money I was gonna spend on something I actually need.

I love how the sun shines whenever I step outside. I love the colorful flowers, the blue sky. Green grass. The smells and sounds of summer.

My room starts to lighten up even before I go to bed at 5 am, with an open window, and birds keeping me awake. Wind in the trees. So calm.

I'm slowly getting somewhere in some of my books. I have so many unread, this summer will be the time to read them. This summer is when I get new books, after having read all of them.

And this summer will be when I have the most fun. When I laugh more, hand out with friends more, lie in the sun more, and meet a guy I actually like for longer than two weeks.

This will be the summer of my life.


  "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment