Saturday, April 23, 2011

You better love me

I walk up the street proud of who I am, yeah, you better love me. Cause all I am, and all I do, you know it's for you. And I walk around town, they stare when I pass, and they better love me. And they don't.

But you, you know me! You aint gonna get away with walking around like that. Calling me cheap and stupid. Telling me I changed.

Hell yeah I changed! I stopped being your little brat! And you know I'd still do anything for you, but you're not you anymore!

What happened to you? I still know you as well as anyone does. I know who you've become. I still know you better than anyone does. And you think you can get away with that? Hell no.

You come to me, and complain about my fucking change, when you're you again. When you don't judge anymore. When you remember, who you hate and who you love. When you're no longer Miss Popular.

You never liked those people. You never cared 'bout what they said. They could never change your opinion. So what happened? What made them so bloody much better than me?

What made you choose the cool kids over your best friend? The one that knew you for as long as either of us can remember. What happened to me?

Now I'm not good enough for you anymore. I need to change. Because you don't want to have to listen to them calling me names. And you agree with them. So do I.

But I don't fucking care what they think. They can walk around calling me whatever they want! And they say they are your friends. But they don't know how much I do for you. How much I give up. And they don't like me.

And now you're their brat! I don't care who you hang with. I don't care 'bout what you do. That's not my bloody problem. So get it into your head. If you have a problem with me, walk away.

I can take it. I'll be here when you come back. Cause you will. I know you. Sooner or later, it'll all come crashing down on your head. I'll be here.


But I'm not gonna take this crap. I'll listen. And pretend to care. But don't expect me to change. This is me. And you better love me.

  "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment