Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kings and Queens

I think sometimes what were thought of the big lords of old, when they were little children. Were they loved, said to have the destiny to one day become the best king their people had ever seen? Or were they doomed to fail?

Or what about the bad kings? Those that only lost land, was hated, got their people killed. Could people see how bad kings they would grow up to become? Did the people even think they would ever become kings?

But most, I wonder about Queen Victoria of England. The woman that had 1/4 of all dry land on earth in her power. She buildt the greatest empire of all times during her 63 years on the throne, and the second her throne was passed on, her son started losing land. And the empire of England was never the same again.

How she did it I don't know. She was so powerful, so strong, so clever. She had it all. How men could ever make themselves belive they were stronger than women after her time, I do not know. If I look up to anyone, it must be her.

Yet, the world has known meny great kings as well. Djengis Kahn for one, the one who brought Mongolia together and started the Mongolian Empire. He was a fair and just king, and one could not scare him easily, As he was not even afraid of his own peoples most feared God.

Marcus Aurelius was the emperor of Rome. He to was a fair lord. Served his people right. He was the last of the five emperor who ruled during the Roman peace, Pax Romana. He gave women and slaves too, a better place in society. And as he was also one of the biggest Stoic philosophs, he was a somewhat interesting man.

I could probably go on and on, there has been so many great kings. But I'll stop it here, to ask a question;

Who is your favorite person, the strongest person you have heard about, smartest one, dumbest, goodlooking, idk. Just someone you look up to. Tell me something about them. I'm curious.

  "Alice"

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes i look up to you! you are so, so wise or something. And at the same time you are just a normal person too!

    I love your blogs and i'll be reading them till you stop writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha,thank you! But I can assure you, I'm not wise ;)

    "Alice"

    ReplyDelete