Monday, April 04, 2011

paper-cuts

Looking up at a grey sky, I feel like I'm looking up at a blue one. My heart skips a beat, as I walk over the road to she bus station. I smile as I sing Furr- Blitzen trapper silently to myself. There's noone else here yet. The world is a little  ball of complete silence. No wind. The fog a thin layer, barely noticable in the air.

As people start appearing, the bus comes along. The driver says hey to my boobs once again (it's suprisingly normal for him), and I walk back to the exact same seat I sat in Friday morning - right side of the bus, just in front of the back-doors. It's 06.54, the bus is nearly empty.

I wake up again, the world is a dirty place. I fell asleep, and I seem to have waken up in the middle of nowhere. I soon recognize where I am, look around the bus again, there's more people here now. But still pretty few. I start mumbling on the lyrics of Control-Puddle of mudd, and I smile again. He crosses my mind, I shiver, but he doesn't stick this time.

School's as good as always. Trying to get something I don't know what is, not paying attention, getting lost in the grey sky and fog outside the window. Dreams of lands far far away, in worlds unlike this one, worlds with no drama. And I think how easy my life used to be, before drama was a part of it. And I wonder when that changed. And I smile again, knowing I'm not the one making the drama. I'm just a victim of it.

I do my work, I write down my thoughts, I ask the teacher a question, I pack my bags. The class is over. My day has just begun. And as I get today's third paper-cut, I know today is gonna be a good day.

  "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment