Monday, March 21, 2011

Little me

I am a nothing. I'm small, so small I don't matter to the world any more than a single corn of dust does to me. Probably even less. The World is big. Huge. It sees everything, and yet so close to nothing. I sit here, in the shadow of great names, some feared, some loved, and I am not seen.

Still, I sit at a school bench for hours a day, I work for my food and clotes and all the fun I may have. I do not sit lazy as I am not expected to, but why would people expect so much of little me? I do not care for math or science, I do not care for politics or government. Yet have I spent over half of my wake hours since the age of 5, learning about these things. Wether I know them or not, is not going to matter when I'm done with my tests at school. It never is going to matter for anyone ever.

More important, I do care for the names that makes themselves remembered, not only for today and tomorrow but for always. I wish to know how I can make me remembered, not to be of fame now, but have done something for the world, somethingthe world will later love me for. But I am nothing but little me. Unknown to the world.

And so I wonder, if the great faces of the old were as unknown as mine is. Do I really have to be noticed to make a difference? And I realise I already have. As I am a good friend to my friends, they are again good friends to others. As I help them, they will help other, who again help others and others again. By giving just a little, even little me is giving more than anyone can know. And I do understand the meaning of it all. I do not learn to love, as I do not love to learn. I learn only to be the best I can be, so I can be the best me, and help others be the best they can be. All is in favour for the once I love. I learn not to love, but because I love. And because I love, little me can be bigger than the world itself.


Earth Hour: March 26th 8:30pm / 20.30
Earth is Home. It is what gives little me the chance to be big me. It is all the colors of the rainbow, and more with it. It is all the feelings of your heart, and the memories of your head. It is all the friends and family of every single soul. Even yours and mine. Extend Earth Hour just a little farther, not only to Earth, but to everyone who shares it. Give a little, to give a lot.

  "Alice"

2 comments:

  1. This really touched me.. Its so, don't know how to say it.. Its so YOU!

    And you're not just anyone.. You learned me that giving little things is important too! You earn respect for what you're doing.. And that's why people will remember you!

    Bye <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's always nice to hear I'm doing a good job =)

    "Alice"

    ReplyDelete