Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Different

People staring. Always, there's always somebody staring at me.

Today it's because I changed my hair. Or actually, hid my hair in a wig. I look.... different. Quite different.

I never get over how easily people judge each other. I usually do get a lot of stares for being loud, for dressing slightly different, for being myself and not the usual follower of everyone else.

They stare, they talk, they like, dislike and judge. Always. Now, I don't mind them takling about me. Or staring. I don't care if they don't like what I do, though if they do like it, I like them. For just one moment, or maybe for ever. 

I know my friends find me crazy, sometimes embarresing. But I've had people I don't know walk up to me and ask me "where do you get that self-confidence from?". I've heard people say "I want to be her, and be able to do whatever and not care what people think". 

I was there once. I grew up around this girl, she was not well liked, rather constantly picked on for many years. I do not know how she felt about it, but she didn't change. She stayed strong and proud, and I thought "some day, I want to be like that".

Today, she is the coolest person I know. Her self-confidence is shining like ten million stars, and she is herself. Always herself. She is as different as anyone could be, and yet she is no more or less then herself exactly. She showed me the way to where I am today, and I will love her forever for it.

Yet, I can't get over how easily people judge. They are all jealous, saying they wish they had that confidence, but when they see someone lucky enough to have it, they talk crap. This person is not good enough for them.

I sure wonder why so many don't have the guts to be themselves.

  "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment